This was suggested to me by a friend when I described my need for chips, so I thought we’d try it. After ditching zucchini noodles for spaghetti squash, I didn’t have a plan for the leftover veggies anyway. The chips were tasty, but didn’t cook evenly. (It didn’t stop me from pounding a whole squash.) I’d suggest a double walled cooking sheet sprayed with non stick instead of a broiling pan, and I think you’d have better luck.
- 1 zucchini, large
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 T olive oil (lower fat alternative, EVOO cooking spray)
- salt pepper to taste
- parmesan if your non-paleo
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick.
- Thinly slice zucchini, 1/8 inch is fine. If you have a mandolin slicer, that would be best. I don’t so I had some odd shaped ones. Its most important for them to all be the same thickness rather than the same shape.
- Toss slices in oil (or spray them).
- Coat with seasonings.
- Arrange on baking sheet in single layer with no overlap to avoid soggy chips.
- Roast for 15 mins on top rack of oven until sides are brown and start to crisp.
- Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet to cool.
The hubs even ate these which is rare for such an undressed vegetable. The kick from the red pepper was bliss.