I worked out. Hard.
Can we have a party? Not really, but after I push myself physically, its a challenge not to negate it with beer and chips to “celebrate” not falling off the treadmill. If you can relate, protein is you answer and this dish will give you the volume you need to curb cravings while not packing on the calories. We threw this two serving dish together tonight and it came together as simple and fresh, with only 427 calories but 52 grams of protein. Cool additional facts about this dish: it has 50% of your daily recommended Vitamin A, 43% B-12, and 86% of your Vitamin D. Count me in.
LIGHT ITALIAN SHRIMP AND VEGGIES
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts in water, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 – 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat with 1 tsp oil until translucent and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add seasonings followed by shrimp and remaining oil. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and tomatoes are softened.
I’ll recap my latest workout fetish soon, but I have a theory its orange…